Scope of this Policy
Information Provided by You
This includes information submitted when you:
1. Create or update your UNID account, which depending on your location and the UNID services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, and photo
2. Submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for driver partners)
3. Consent to a background check (for driver partners where permitted by law)
4. Request services through the UNID app or website
5. Contact UNID, including for customer support
6. Contact other UNID users or refer them to UNID
7. Complete surveys sent to you by UNID or on our behalf
8. Enable features that require UNID's access to your address book or calendar
Information We Collect
Information about Location: Via GPS and the app settings on your mobile device, we receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. If you label certain locations, such as "work" or "home," we may receive that information, too.
Your location information is important to match Riders with nearby Drivers, determine drop off and pick up locations, and suggest destinations based on previous trips. Drivers' location information and distance travelled is also necessary for calculating charges and insurance for rides. If you give us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location while the app is off to identify promotions or service updates in your area.
Device Information: UNID receives information from users' devices, including information about hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
Information from Calls and Texts: We enable users to call or text each other through the our app. For example, we enable driver partners and riders to call or text each other without disclosing their phone numbers. To provide this service, UNID will receive information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. We may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes.
Address Book Information: We may store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection.
User Feedback: We receive information about ratings and reviews from feedback from passenger experiences. We may use this information to provide better service based on your feedback. Information from Cookies and Similar Features: We may collect information through the use of "cookies", tracking pixels, and similar features to understand how you navigate through the UNID Platform and interact with advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences.
Information From Other Sources
1. Users providing feedback, such as as ratings or compliments or comments.
2. Third party business partners through which you create or access your UNID account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who we partner with.
3. Insurance providers (for drivers)
4. Financial services providers (for drivers)
5. Partner transportation companies (for drivers)
6. Publicly available sources
7. Marketing service providers
8. Government/transport agencies regarding criminal record and driving license record.
UNID may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in our possession.
How we use your Information
UNID is always striving to improve our service. We may use the information we collect to enhance our services, particularly in the areas of safety and security. We may also use your information for customer support requirements and and for research and development in the way our app progresses and develops. We may use your information for use in promotions and for legal requirements as well should the need arise. We will use individual's information to facilitate a smoother riding experience with UNID.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
1. While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate structure such as a merger or sale of our assets;
2. If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or necessary in order to comply with due legal process;
3. If you signed up for a promotion with another User's referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
4. With our insurance partners or third party affiliates to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;
5. Whenever you consent to the sharing and/or when you explicitly request we share your information. This may relate to requesting a service or promotion from a third party by yourself in conjunction with UNID.
6. To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal proceedings, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
7. We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, we may store data on behalf of our subsidiaries and affiliates.
Data Retention, Acknowledgment and Consent
By communicating with UNID, using UNID's services, purchasing products from UNID or by virtue of your engagement with UNID, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by UNID as described in this Policy as long as you use UNID's services and for as long as it is required to serve legitimate business purposes.
UNID shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with UNID, by continuing to use UNID's services, purchasing products from UNID or by your continued engagement with UNID following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.